Friday 13 March 2009


Blogs and my language learning
Here is my first reflective blogging post about language learning! I'm convinced that it's really important to reflect upon your language learning process because you become aware of the possible ways to achieve your goals. As far as blogging is concerned, I think it can be very useful for me to reach my own language targets. In the language passport, I wrote that by the end of the course I should improve both oral and writing skills. I would like to be more accurate, concise, and logically coherent when writing, and would like to be much more fluent, spontaneous, especially when interacting. So far on the blogosphere I've found a lot of new words (technical words, formal and informal words, words that are used in colloquial language), which I think can help me in becoming more spontaneous, fluent in spoken production and interaction, given that I often stop speaking because I don't know the word I want to use. On the blog I also can learn real language, language that is used in everyday life and dosn't belong to standard language. As regards writing skills I think blogging can really help me to become more and more concise! Because of language interference I often write far too much! Italians always write a lot! So I hope that in the end of this experience my style will be more 'English'!
As far as promises in my learning target sheet are concerned, I must say that in the past week I did a lot! So far I've always attended lessons, trying to participate as much as possible, especially in conversation lessons. Moreover, I'm writing a lot of different things: academic papers, blog posts, … and I'm reading a lot, too. Not only do I read academic articles and essays, but also messages on the blog – since when blogging reading essential. So I'm doing very different things, and working with different sources and means (the Internet, academic works, monolingual dictionaries, …).
Tha't all guys!
Michela

2 comments on " "

Elisabetta on 15 March 2009 at 07:10 said...

Hi Michela!I think we have more or less the same goals..wonderful!We are in the same group and we can help each other and give suggestions and advices and we are both going to improve!

Cristina P. on 17 March 2009 at 14:07 said...

Hi! I agree with Elisabetta; all three of us have the same goals! I think it is maybe because we all have had the same path so our weak points are the same...

Post a Comment

 

The fabolous world of Michela Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez