Thursday 30 April 2009


Why you should use Google Docs...
Hello everybody!
Today I'd like to write something about Google Docs, and in doing so, I'll try to be as more concise as possible!I know that perhaps I tend to write too long blog posts!
We already know how to create and save bookmarks on the Web by means of Delicious, and we realized how useful this is. Now we also learnt how Google Docs works. The advantages of using this tool are the following ones.
  • First of all, it's a service where you can save and privately share documents with friends and colleagues, that is not anyone can read or edit your documents, but just those people you decide to invite to.
  • Secondly, since this is a Web service, you can easily have access to your documents all the time, and work on them using different computers.
  • Next, more than one user can edit the same page at a time, and when this happens you should see who's working on it besides you.
  • Finally, I think that Google Docs can be really useful when working with people who are physically distant from you. When it's impossible for people to gather in the same place and work together, Google Docs is just what you're looking for!

I don't think I'll use Google Docs very much in the future because I usually work on my computer, and rarely have to work with others and share documents with them. Anyway, if I had to do this, now I know that I can use Google Docs!And I also think that it would be a good idea to save and update a copy of an important work, such as a thesis, in Google D0cs, too...terrible things can always happen when you have to do with technology!!!

For now that's all!

See you soon

Michela

4 comments on " "

Cristina P. on 6 May 2009 at 04:37 said...

Hi Michela,
I read your post and I think it is very clear and concise. I like the fact that you bold some words in order to highlight them.
Concerning the language I make only few suggestions:
- in doing so: it sounds like italian...
-the sentence "that is not anyone can read or edit" sounds wrong to me.... I would have written "It doesn't mean that anyone can..."
-in the sentence "more than one user can edit the same page at a time" I would have written "at the same time"
-in the sentence "I think that Google Docs can be really useful when working with people" I would have added "when you're working with people"
-the sentence "when you have to do with technology" sounds very italian. I think it is better " when you have to deal with technology"

See you tomorrow
Cristina

Elisabetta on 6 May 2009 at 08:13 said...

Hi Michela!
I think that your post is really clear and concise and I like your link on the words 'Google Docs' because I think it's useful if a person need some more information about it.

I have some suggestions for you. I think you don't need the comma after 'in doing so' because this expression is already a sort of punctuation of your thoughts ;-)
Then, in order to simplify, I would have written 'it's a service where you can save and privately share documents with friends and colleagues AND IN THIS WAY not anyone can read or edit your documents but just those people you decide to invite to'. Remember that you don't need the comma before 'but'.
I think it's better to write 'more than one user can edit the same page at THE SAME time' in order to create a parallel within your sentence and make it more clear.
Then I would have written 'I think that Google Docs can be really useful when YOU ARE working with OTHER people' in order to make the sentence more personal and because before you used the pronoun 'you' in your sentences.
In the sentence 'if I had to do this, now I know that I can use Google Docs' I think you used the wrong tense and it's better to use 'If I have to do this'.
Finally, as Cristina wrote, I think it's better the expression 'when you have to deal with'.
I hope my suggestion are right ;-)

See you,

Elisabetta


happen when you have to do with technology!!!

For now that's all!

See you soon

Michela

Elisabetta on 6 May 2009 at 08:14 said...

Ahhh..the final part of your post appears at the end of my comment!!!

Anny on 6 May 2009 at 08:42 said...

Hi Michela!
I have just finished reading your blog post and I can say that it is well-structured and written. I think that your title is proper as it can immediately introduce the reader into the core of the topic. Moreover, I see that you followed the suggestions Sarah gave us, and you split the whole text into brief paragraphs, and used the bold character to highlight the most important words in order to make the text clearer after a first sight.
Furthermore I think that the sentence "When it's impossible for people to gather in the same place and work together, Google Docs is just what you're looking for!" works very effectively in order to keep the attention of the reader alive until the ends of the message.
So you did a good work!

In the whole your text is correct, and here below I want to suggest you some corrections or alternative expressions that I would have used:
- Here I would have inverted the order of the sentence, introducing it by "Since": SINCE I know that perhaps I tend to write too long blog posts, I'll try to be as more concise as possible.
- I think that the adverbial of time "now", contrast in meaning with the use of the simple past "learnt", and I would have changed the adverb: "DURING OUR LAST LESSON we also learnt how Google Docs works."
- Here I would say "other people" instead of "others" to make the sentence clearer: I rarely have to work with OTHER PEOPLE and share documents with them.
- Remember to avoid using "also".
- I would have changed the verb in order to be more accurate: " you have to WORK with technology!
- I think that I would say: "THAT'S ALL FOR NOW!"
I hope that you will find my suggestions useful and clear enough.
See you soon,
Bye
Anna

Post a Comment

 

The fabolous world of Michela Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez